The PAN Aadhaar Link Status process in India has undergone changes recently. The online procedure for linking PAN cards with Aadhaar cards ended on July 31, 2023. If your PAN card isn’t linked to Aadhaar, you may need to reapply for your PAN card. Many citizens have already linked both cards through online or during PAN application. Checking the status can be done online or via SMS. A step-by-step procedure is provided for SMS-based status checking.
Linking Aadhaar with PAN is essential for financial transactions. The government uses PAN data to monitor citizens’ transactions. Although the deadline for linking with a Rs 1000 fine has passed, citizens can still check the status via SMS. The SMS format includes sending ‘UIDPAN’, Aadhaar number, and PAN number to 56161 or 567678. Non-smartphone users can also check by sending a request via SMS, receiving a reply from the income tax department.
For online checking, visit the Income Tax Department website and find the Aadhaar status link. Enter PAN and Aadhaar numbers, submit, and view the status. While the link deadline has passed, checking if new applications are accepted with a fine is recommended. This may be done through the Income Tax Department’s official website. If available, the website allows easy Aadhaar-PAN linking by entering details, ensuring your PAN card is linked successfully.
How to check PAN Aadhaar Link Status
You can check the PAN Aadhaar Link Status using either SMS or online methods:
- Open the messaging app on your mobile phone.
- Compose a new message with the following format: UIDPAN <12-digit Aadhaar number> <10-digit PAN number>
- Send this message to either 56161 or 567678.
- You will receive a message shortly from the income tax department indicating the status of your PAN-Aadhaar link.
- Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department of India: https://www.incometax.gov.in
- Look for the “Quick Links” section or a link related to Aadhaar status.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and 10-digit PAN number.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- The website will display the status of your Aadhaar-PAN link. If linked, the information will be shown; if not, a message indicating “record not found” may appear.
Please note that the deadline for linking Aadhaar with PAN has passed, but you can still check the status using these methods. If the Income Tax Department is accepting new applications with a fine, you might be able to complete the linking process through their official website as well.